senpai noticed me but shit he noticed i’m a dick
dude fuckin got owned by the potter puppet pals guy
Ooh, yay! How fun! What are you going to do over here?
I have no idea what you’re after, and I’m of course most knowledgeable about Sweden, but I’ll give it a try.
- It’s very common to remove your shoes when you enter someone’s home.
- Scandinavians drink a lot of coffee, and coffee breaks are often scheduled and important (though the Danes drink more beer :))
- The weather can be both fair, if a bit cool, and horribly wet in October (bring good boots!). If you’re going to western Norway, it will almost certainly rain. In Sweden, it might snow, but it might also be almost summer temperatures.
- Denmark is really flat. (And I mean it. Their highest point, Himmelsbjerget, or Mount Heaven, doesn’t even reach 200 meters.) Norway is not flat anywhere, but very pretty.
- Many Scandinavians have a rather quirky sense of humor underneath their quiet, aloof exterior (see Mount Heaven.)
- Almost everyone between ages 10 and 70 can speak English.
I think that’s all I can come up with just right now, but if want to know more about a specific location or custom, I’ll do my best.
I am from a place that rains all winter long- so I am bringing a big hooded cashmere coat and a packable raincoat and cute leather boots. I am prepared for wet. Snow will probably have me doing this
We have an apartment in Copenhagen and we’ll be branching out from there. I think we’re going to go to Oslo unless we can find somewhere fun to visit by ferry instead of by plane. We haven’t worked out the Swedish side of things yet cause that seems so much easier.
The quiet but with quirky sense of humor explains SO MUCH about the half Norwegian boyfrand. He’s totally that way.
I wish I could still drink coffee. ………………………
One reason I get a bit shitty when people start trying to woobify Curtis in Snowpiercer (poor precious baby, he just needs a hug, Loki-style stuff) because yeah, he’s the “heroic” lead, but he eats babies he lets the person who metaphorically represents his change into a better person be killed because he wants to meter out revenge on a power-figure, he is incapable of making the sacrifice necessary to let other people survive (his refusal to cut off his arm) and at the end of the movie he is absolutely ready to take Wilford’s place as an oppressor, it’s only the realisation that he would have to corrupt himself even further than he’s already fallen that stops him.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love all of this! And also….
OH WOW I had not thought of that either, but that’s so absolutely true. NONE of the people who set up the system should be able to escape it (and I’m putting the people at the back of the train in that list, they contributed to the chaos, the savagery at the tail end was unforgivable as well as the oppression from the front).
Uh. Yeah. I mean….
i’m pretty sure this twitter account is how sexting works in night vale
i mean really
what is going on here
this is officially my new favourite thing
thank you for sharing it with us
SEXTS FROM THE VOID
DARREN WILSON WAS FIRED FROM HIS FIRST POLICE JOB FOR BEING INVOLVED IN A SHOOTING OF A BLACK WOMAN.
He has a record of killing us an they hired him back and put him in a community that’s mainly black?!?!?! I CANNOT. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2732986/Darren-Wilson-s-policing-job-Missouri-police-department-shut-entire-force-replaced-amid-racism-corruption-allegations.html
His entire department at a previous town was shut down because of widespread corruption. they were literally so bad that people voted to close the police down.